Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Easter weekend in Arkansas

Last weekend Nicole and I decided to take one last road trip before the baby comes. Having exhausted most options within a 5 hour drive from Lawrence, we decided to try Eureka Springs. Crazy little town in Arkansas with no straight roads or level ground. Also it rained as much as, if not more, than the entire time we were in Ireland for our honeymoon. It dumped and poured and on and on. So we spent alot of time in the shops.... and if you know me, that's not my top activity. But we were at the local Indian buffet/hamburger joint (yes in one restaurant) and a group by the name of Big Bad Gina started playing music.




Some things of note about BBG and the crowd at the BBG show:




1. They had a roadie.
2. They played in Tulsa the night before. They mentioned this many times.
3. They classified their genre of music as "Sexy."
4. The number of people watching = no greater than 15
5. The number of women with hair as short as mine in that crowd of 15 = greater than 7.
6. This is a picture of BBG:














6a. I just found out that when you Google Image search Big Bad Gina you also get alot of pictures of big women wrestling little men. I don't know exactly what's going on there, but I'm sure that most of the women in the audience of the BBG show would be into it (and some of the band members).
7. We left after about 5 songs. I wasn't a lesbian or wearing a woman's Ed Hardy shirt so I'm pretty sure I was going to get kicked out in a few minutes anyway.
ARKANSAS!

No comments: