Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Chess

When I see something like this: http://www2.ljworld.com/news/2008/feb/17/chess_contest_hones_kids_skills/?city_local it always makes me feel like I wasted a lot of time watching tv when I was a kid. I've only recently even seriously tried to learn to play chess and am horrible at it. I can barely keep track of what piece moves where while kids like the ones in the story are able to plan moves. Plan moves? Not me. Maybe these kids are actually all wizards...not chess wizards, but WIZARDS!....

That would explain alot and make me feel much better about myself. How could you expect a muggle like me compete with wicked wizardry?

3 comments:

The G's said...

Checkers is too much for me so forget chess. We did spend a lot of time watching the three channels that came barely came in. Then the rents go and get cable after we all leave the house. Oh, the therapy I will need someday!

Anonymous said...

You had 4 channels to watch. NBC, CBS, ABC, and PBS. You can't forget about PBS. Sesame Street, Reading Rainbow, Mr. Rogers. "Mommie, will he put on his red sweater today?"

Hawkrew said...

I think what you need is an authentic civil war chess board.