Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Nicole's Graduation and more

Pics from Saturday (Nicole giving a tour of the Law School and cookout at Clinton Lake. Absolutely great weather all weekend.


/sarcasm on\ This makes me so proud to be a Kansan. /sarcasm off\

The Phelps clan was in full force (left side of the pic, neon signs). I took this faraway so they would not get some sort of satisfaction knowing that I took their picture. They are really turning into a modern day circus freak show.

Nicole down the hill.



In other news, I bought a new bike. A Trek 3700. More importantly its a 22.5" frame. In other words, in actually fits me. Plus I have already benefited from buying it from Sunflower Bike. This morning I noticed my seat was flexing in the middle and hitting a screw below the seat so I stopped by the store. The guy switched out seats with a newer one that was less flexible, no questions asked. Hopefully the new one will hold up to my massive bulk...

Stock photo:
I have listed my old bike on craigslist and already have had 2 responses. It will be nice if I can sell the old one....my apartment can only handle so many bikes.

8 comments:

The G's said...

Congrats Nicole! You look beautiful AND relaxed!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to Nicole!!!

Didn't Paul E. get to attend the graduation and picnic?

When are you going to ride your bike down to the farm? It is down hill all the way.

Anonymous said...

Thank you. It was a pretty fun day! And Edwin did a great job planning the party.

-N

Hawkrew said...

Nicole graduated? That's why we were at Clinton? I thought it was a "Get as many ticks on your body at one time" party.

Anonymous said...

If you graduated from law school you would know that walking through thick grass in the woods screams tics. I can't help that you aren't very smart. In fact, I think it's time to take MBA off your signature -- I'm not really sure you earned it.

--N

Hawkrew said...

Wow, harsh.

Now let's talk about your washer throwing skills shall we?

Anonymous said...

You don't have to have a MBA to know that the woods is where the ticks live. They live in the trees and when they smell people they fall down on them. All of us red-necks know that. That is why we seldom take a bath--they don't like us stinky people---just you clean folks.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Nicole! All you hard work has paid off and now only the exam awaits. Enjoy your trip you have earned it.
Rebecca